Ben Thanh Market is located at the south gate, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. Main Gate of Ben Thanh Market is the south gate, heading towards Quach Thi Trang Square with a three-sided clock tower symbol. The north gate towards Le Thanh Ton street. The east door towards Phan Boi Chau street. West door towards Phan Chu Trinh street. The clock tower located at the main gate is considered the main symbol of the market Opening hours: The market opens from 4 AM to 6 PM every day. The market was established when the French arrived in this land, the initial market was located along Ben Nghe river, at a pier near Gia Dinh city, so the market was named Ben Thanh with its original origin was a market for small businesses selling goods on the street near Saigon river. By 1911, the French colonial government decided to move the market to its present location. The Ben Thanh Market, started construction in 1912 and completed in the end of March 1914, has operated continuously until now.